The Iowa State University men's lacrosse program is currently in the process of locating a head coach who can take over and advance the program as a whole. The organization is currently and will remain to be facilitated by student officers, but is in need of an individual who can effectively run practices, games and recruit prospective players. This position would require commitment in the fall 2016 and spring 2017 seasons as well as the possibility for future employment.
Iowa State is a member of the MCLA Division 1, participating in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse Conference (UMLC).
Practices will run 2-3 times a week in the fall and will increase to 3-4 times in the spring along with strength & conditioning in both seasons. The team will be traveling around the country throughout the year on weekends and will have minimal conflicts with the standard 8:00 am-4:00 pm/9:00 am-5:00 pm work schedule. This will not be a full-time position; therefore, we will be flexible with attendance.
1. Facilitate practices throughout the year with a thorough practice plan with an emphasis on constant technique and unit cohesion.
2. Administrate home and away games.
3. Recruit qualified student athletes.
1. Previous coaching and playing experience (1+ Years)
2. Extensive knowledge regarding the game of lacrosse
3. Willingness to travel with the team
4. Currently live within the greater Ames/Des Moines area.
If interested, please e-mail a copy of your resume. Salary: Will be discussed after submission. Appointment: Part-Time, 6 months. The position may be subject to a background check.
Contact for application and information: Ben Taschner, President, Iowa State Men's Lacrosse Club. Phone: (651) 373-8918 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org