The philosophy of the Club Sports Program is to emphasize student leadership and participation. The coach/instructor/volunteer should limit his/her contributions to those involving coaching skills and knowledge and are encouraged to assist with team leadership and membership development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the team defensive philosophy and strategy.
- Instruct players on individual and team defensive concepts.
- Assist with daily practice planning, game preparation, coordinating game film and film exchanges, recruiting, and assisting with team fundraisers.
- Attendance at practices and games, including some light travel (food, lodging, travel paid for).
- Positive attitude and excellent teamwork with the team and coaching staff.
- Respect for the program, the team, and all opposing teams. Always represent the University in a positive fashion and honor the game.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Duties/Responsibilities are based on a yearly length of service.
For all Club Sport Coach duties and responsibilities please review the Club Sports Handbook – Coaches/Instructors/Volunteers section on the Club Sports Officers Corner webpage at: https://www.scu.edu/recreation/clubsports/officers....
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Background in the sport should be particularly strong.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrators and athletes.
- Understanding of MCLA philosophy and ability to work within the framework of the philosophy of Santa Clara University and Club Sports Program.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience.
- To be determined. Based on coaching experience.
Application deadline is August 31, 2016. Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and a list of professional references via email to head coach Greg Mengis at email@example.com or mail to:
SCU Men’s Lacrosse
Attn: Coach Mengis
Malley Center #715
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
For More Information:
Contact Greg Mengis, Head Coach SCU Men’s Lacrosse with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-468-1175.