The University of Arizona men’s lacrosse program, with the support of the Friends of Arizona Lacrosse (an alumni, parents and booster organization) would like to announce an immediate opening for men’s head lacrosse coach.
The University of Arizona lacrosse program is a member of the Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) Division I. The MCLA is an association of 10 conferences nationwide. Arizona competes in the Southwestern Lacrosse Conference (SLC), the most competitive league within the MCLA. The SLC has produced teams that have played in the MCLA championship game in eight of the last 10 years, winning the last three titles.
The team is seeking a mature and experienced coach who is able to balance the challenges of coaching a player run MCLA program with creating a winning culture at a major university that makes recruiting top lacrosse talent possible.
Job Summary includes but not limited to the following primary duties:
- Building a competent coaching staff
- Clearly communicate expectations and create a culture of accountability through example
- Create an environment of professionalism
- Creating a culture of winning through example
- Creating a culture of mutual respect between the coaching staff and team
- Creating a culture where academic success is just as important as on-field success
- Organized and documented practice schedules
- Scouting and film study
- Clearly communicating program expectations to the team
- Effective in-game coaching
- Developing off season workout program
- Develop in season strength and conditioning program
- Working effectively with the team’s Executive Board and other interest groups (parents, alumni and friends) that support the team.
- Oversight of recruiting
- Game scheduling
The team is putting an administrative infrastructure in place to assist our new head coach to focus on the team’s on field success. Our administrative support team will be run by interested parents and alumni whose activities on behalf of the club will be governed by the player’s Executive Board.
The coach will have participation and input, but not primary responsibility for:
- Club accounting
- Travel planning and spending
- Field acquisition and planning
Compensation & Benefits:
- Minimum of $30,000 per year, but negotiable depending on experience
- Budget for assistant coaches
- Incentive bonuses for performance
- Other earning potential through local youth club programs, camps and tournaments
- Team is willing to work with the candidate to investigate other possible benefits
- Administrative and operational support provided by an engaged group of supporters via the “Friends of Arizona Lacrosse”
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Prior experience as a head coach in a similar program, high school or college, where winning is important, the coach must work with and maintain positive relationships with a diverse group of parties, including players, parents, alumni and booster and the culture and professionalism is a prerequisite.
Consideration will be given to assistant coaches from successful programs where they have worked under the same head coach for at least two years.
Deadline for application and hiring timeline:
- Applications, cover letters and 3 references will be received at the email address below through June 16th
- Interviews will be scheduled and conducted from June 19th to June 23rd
- Final decision by July 7th
Resumes and inquiries should be sent to:
- Zach Rogers, President of the University of Arizona Lacrosse
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential. Confidential inquiries can also be directed to the representative from Friends of Arizona Lacrosse boosters group, JB Bassett at email@example.com.