KINGSTON, R.I. – The University of Rhode Island, which plays in the Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League (PCLL) within MCLA Division I, is currently seeking a head men's lacrosse coach for the 2018 season.
- Directly responsible for enforcing all guidelines, policies and procedures for: the University, the Department of Campus Recreation, URI Student Senate, Club Sports & Intramural Council (CSIC) and all governing bodies’ rules of conduct and competition
- The Head Coach shall promote fair play and good sportsmanship and at all practices and competitions.
- The Coach will respect all players, coaches, and administrators at all times. Offensive or inappropriate language or behavior can result in termination of employment.
- Maintain current certification in American Red Cross First Aid/CPR or an equivalent certification.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that all duties listed on Assistant Coach contract(s) are performed by the appropriate coach.
- Work with the Coordinator of Club Sports to set up all team travel logistics for the season.
- Schedule and coordinate all events including practices, team meetings and competitions.
- Oversee equipment distribution, return and storage.
- Attend all home and away competitions in a coaching and supervisory capacity.
- Schedule all home competitions – this includes facility preparation and directing the events.
- In cooperation with the Men’s Lacrosse Team, ensure that the team website is up to date with current team information.
- Monitor the academic progress & eligibility of all student-athletes.
- Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes interested in the URI Men’s Lacrosse Team through meetings, campus visitations, and correspondence and telephone contacts, etc.
- In cooperation with the Coordinator of Club Sports, aid and assist with all team individual fundraisers. All fundraisers must be approved in advance by the Coordinator of Club Sports.
- Assist CSIC with formulation of the annual Men’s Lacrosse Team budget in accordance with the timetable and guidelines set by the Coordinator of Club Sports and the URI Student Senate.
- Attend budget hearings with the Team Captains, if requested by the Coordinator of Club Sport.
- In cooperation with Coordinator of Club Sports maintain and update the Alumni mailing list on an annual basis.
- To submit a current Alumni mailing list including contact information to the Coordinator of Club Sport by May 14, so that the Department of Campus Recreation will have the most up-to-date alumni listing on file as backup.
- To work with the Coordinator of Club Sports as needed on all items pertaining to the URI Men’s Lacrosse Team.
One year renewable contract.
Stipend: Commensurate with experience
Candidates must be at least four years removed from college, have college playing experience and high school or college coaching experience. Interested and qualified candidates can email a playing/coaching resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.