TUCSON, Ariz. -- The University of Arizona men's lacrosse program is currently seeking an assistant coach for the 2018-2019 academic year and beyond.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the faceoff position and NCAA rules and regulations. Solid understanding of running the substitution box during games is also desired.
- Work daily during practice with the Arizona face-off specialists on improving their skill set at the position
- Design competent practice plans and drills for both FOS and wing players
- Conduct and supervise individual player skill development
- Assist in coaching other drills and positions as needed
- Film review and scouting of opponents
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of game strategies
- Coordinate substitution box during all games
The University of Arizona program is a member of the Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) Division I, an association of nine conferences nationwide. Arizona competes in the Southwestern Lacrosse Conference (SLC), one of the most competitive leagues in the MCLA. The SLC has produced teams that have played in the MCLA championship game in nine of the last 10 years, winning three of the last four.
This is a part-time position. Additional income opportunities may be possible through local youth teams, camps and tournaments.
To be discussed.
Part-Time, 10 months.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and summary of coaching experience to Arizona head coach Matt Blamey at email@example.com.