PITTSBURGH -- The University of Pittsburgh men’s lacrosse team, a member of the Central Collegiate Lacrosse Association (CCLA) in the Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) is accepting applications for the head coach position for immediate placement in the 2018-2019 school year.
The primary responsibility of the head coaching position is to develop and maintain on-field success. The coaching applicant must be dedicated to growing a team and instilling their teachings in a program that consistently competes for conference and MCLA championships.
The head coaching position is contractual. The selected applicant will work directly with the player-comprised Executive Board, faculty liaison, and the head of the University Intramurals and Recreation Department (I&R).
Further responsibilities include the scheduling and structuring of practices, assistance in the scheduling of games, on-field leadership, and availability for all scheduled practices and games. They should assist in team management, recruiting events, and will have the option to help oversee the team’s financial management.
The selected applicant would immediately assume control of the program and have the utmost flexibility to instill their own strategies, teachings and personnel as they see fit. Salary is negotiable and will be based on the average of CCLA coaches.
Contract length is also negotiable.
The head coach must be willing to work closely with the board in managing team responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Scheduling of practices, scrimmages, workouts, meetings and games
- Assistance towards organizing team gear and apparel
- Maintaining a positive relationship between the program and the University of Pittsburgh I&R Department
- Enforcement of team regulations and policies throughout the season
- Fundraising efforts
- Recruitment of prospective players including a recruiting day/visit held during the fall semester
- Management of the coaching staff
- Oversight and management of team finances
- Play an active role in maintaining a healthy relationship with parents, alumni, staff, and student athletes
- Minimum of three years of High School/College coaching experience and/or playing experience
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and a high degree of professional integrity
- Availability for all scheduled events:
* Late evening practices
* Weekend games and travel
* Film Studies
* Recruiting Events
* Team Meetings
- Extensive knowledge of the game and a fundamental understanding of the rules in which the MCLA operates (NCAA)
* FBI Criminal History
* PA Child Abuse Act 33
* PA Criminal Act 34
The application will be reviewed by the Executive Board along with Sam Hearn and interviews will be scheduled for suitable candidates.
*We are not able to provide relocation costs for this position.