WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- The Purdue University men’s lacrosse program is searching for a head coach to start the Fall of 2018.
The team is a member of the MCLA Division I and is highly competitive in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse Conference (UMLC). The team is primarily funded by player dues and is organized by elected student officers.
- Lacrosse experience and previous coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level
- A passion for coaching student-athletes and promoting whole person development on and off the field
- Willingness to work with the officers of the team to improve team performance, university recognition, and coordinate an effective practice and game schedule
- Leading or assisting with practices and in-game coaching (home and away)
- Studying film and producing scouting reports of opponents for the team
- Holding mandatory film review sessions
- Attending lacrosse program meetings as required
- Recruiting qualified student-athletes with the assistance of the officers
- Respecting the academic commitments of the players
- Promoting an environment of pure electricity and competition, while still holding each player accountable
- Building a demanding schedule for the Fall and Spring seasons
The Purdue Men’s Lacrosse team is highly competitive within the UMLC and is looking to compete at the national level. The team consists of highly-motivated student-athletes who share a passion for lacrosse, and hold themselves to Purdue’s high academic standard. Therefore, the team is looking for a coach who can make the team better, but keeps the team values paramount.
Each applicant will remain in contact with the officers of the team and will undergo multiple interviews. In addition, it is asked that a resume be provided by each applicant.
Salary will be ultimately determined by the officers, who will make the decision based off of the feedback of the team as a whole.
If you meet the requirements above and feel you can be a valuable leader to the team, please contact the team president, Henry Pluss, via email: email@example.com