NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Southern Connecticut State men's lacrosse program has opened its search for a head coach for the 2018 season and beyond.
- The primary role is to provide instruction and coaching.
- Assist with recruitment of club members from local high schools, travel teams and as appropriate for the specific sport.
- Assist with maintaining the roster, all waivers and required forms have been completed, and all dues are collected, etc.
- Ensure player attendance at practice is a priority. Actively develop and improve the skills of new and returning club members.
- Attend all practices and games on time unless discussed previously with the team leadership.
- Be prepared for all games and practices, sets goals with the team, and strives to reach the goals.
- Be familiar with and enforce all club, university, and league policies and procedures.
- Be approachable, willing to listen and act as a role model and mentor to team members.
- Promote good sportsmanship at both practices and in competition and ensure that all team members positively represent Southern Connecticut State University at all times.
- Comply with the SCSU Club Sports concussion program, employ safety practices and follow all procedures set forth for emergencies.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience coaching High School, College or Club level or equivalent
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be skilled in student leadership development, team-building and athletic skill/performance advancement.
- Up to 19 hours per week in season
Submit inquiries and resumes to Assistant Director of Campus Recreation Andrew Marullo at firstname.lastname@example.org