SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The Santa Clara men's lacrosse program is seeking an offensive coordinator for the 2018-19 season.
Santa Clara was proud to return to the WCLL playoffs this past season for the first time in 10 years. With a large percentage of returning players, and a solid incoming freshman class, the program looks to continue building on our rise and success, and hope to add the right offensive coordinator to our coaching staff for the 2018-19 season.
Please see below for details on the position, and on submitting an application."
Men’s Lacrosse Coach Purpose
The philosophy of the Club Sports Program is to emphasize student leadership and participation. The Coach/Instructor/Volunteer should limit his/her contributions to those involving coaching skills and knowledge and is encouraged to assist with team leadership and membership development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement the team offensive philosophy and strategy
• Instruct players on individual and team offensive concepts
• Assist with daily practice planning, game preparation, coordinating game film and film exchanges, recruiting and assisting with team fundraisers
• Required to attend daily practices and games, both home and away
• An emphasis on teamwork and a positive attitude with the team and coaching staff
• Representing the University in the highest manner by respecting the program, team, and opponents while honoring Santa Clara University and game
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Duties/Responsibilities are based on yearly length of service
• For all Club Sport Coach duties and responsibilities please review the Club Sports Handbook – Coaches/Instructors/Volunteers section on the Club Sports Officers Corner webpage at: https://www.scu.edu/recreation/clubsports/officerscorner/.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Strong background in the sport of lacrosse
• Ability to work effectively with Coaching Staff, Administrators and athletes
• Understanding of MCLA philosophy and ability to work within the framework of the philosophy of Santa Clara University and Club Sports Program
• Undergraduate degree
• Previous coaching and/or playing experience at the College Level or above
• To be determined
• The application period is to remain Open Until Filled. Please send a cover letter, resume and a list of professional references via email to head coach Greg Mengis at firstname.lastname@example.org and team president Kyle Jacobs at email@example.com
Additionally, information may be mailed to:
SCU Men’s Lacrosse
Attn: Coach Mengis
Malley Center #715
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053