EUGENE, OR -- The Oregon Men's lacrosse program has opened the search for a head coach for the 2018-2019 season and beyond.
Compensation will depend on education, experience, and qualifications.
The Head Coach position is responsible for managing the team on and off the field. We are looking for someone who is passionate, dedicated, knowledgeable, and willing to put in the time and effort to propel our program to the next level. This is a part time job with varying hours depending on the season. This position requires you for Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons. Men’s Lacrosse is a club sport at UO, meaning you will coordinate with the team’s player presidency as well as the University. The position will start in August of 2018.
- Teach all basic and advanced skills required in the sport of men's lacrosse. The teaching of these skills and the development of those student-athletes occurs year round during skill sessions, team practices, and conditioning sessions. This includes the independent development and implementation of sound and safe practice plans that successfully prepare the student-athletes with the fundamentals of the specific sport.
- Responsible for developing individual practice plans and comprehensive game plans throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating upcoming opponents by breaking down game tapes, preparing a scouting report for the student-athletes and making adjustments to the game plan during games.
- Use past experiences and knowledge to identify student-athletes capable of competing both academically and athletically. The Head Coach is responsible for developing recruiting classes and identifying prospective student-athletes through thorough research, by independently evaluating talent at local and national events, and initiating correspondence and maintaining relationship with coaches and prospects.
-Manage practice in a developmental fashion with help from the team presidency.
-Attend all practices as well as Home and Away games.
-Schedule and coordinate events like practices, team meetings, and competitions (games) and travel.
-Work with the University’s Club sports coordinator regarding travel and practice fields.
-Monitor the eligibility of players.
-Assist in recruitment for future players interested in playing Oregon Men’s Lacrosse.
-Assist the team presidency with the annual budget in conjunction with the University’s Club sports program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with the faculty, staff, students, and supporters.
- Ability to be professional at all times both on and off the field with integrity, sportsmanship, pride, and honor.
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations.
- A Bachelor's degree preferred from an accredited four-year institution.
- At least 2 years of prior coaching experience, collegiate or club level.
- Prior experience playing lacrosse at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
- Willingness to work evening and weekends
Please contact Sam Snider with resume, cover letter and references.