ATLANTA - The MCLA has recently created an alliance with Lacrosse The Pond, an organization located in England that offers U.S.-based lacrosse players the exciting and unique opportunity to use lacrosse to further their education after graduation by earning a Master’s degree of their choice while playing lacrosse in the United Kingdom.
With the LTP program, graduating MCLA players would have an opportunity to earn a Master’s in one year (as opposed to the traditional two-year programs in the U.S.) at a lower cost while playing in the BUCS league, which is the equivalent of the NCAA.
Some of the benefits of this opportunity include:
- Obtain an internationally-recognized Master’s degree from a world-renowned UK institution in just one year
- Opportunity to travel and discover new countries and cultures while broadening horizons and perspectives
- Continue playing competitive lacrosse at collegiate and high-caliber club level
- Save a significant amount of money in comparison to US-equivalent colleges
- Join the workforce a year ahead of home-based counterparts
“From helping you to choose the ideal academic institution to suit your individual needs, managing the entire university application process from start to finish, shortlisting, selecting and securing accommodation on your behalf and collecting you from the airport and moving you into your new home, Lacrosse The Pond delivers an end-to-end service tailored to help you embark upon your exciting new chapter with ease,” said LTP managing director Mike Bartlett.
Lacrosse The Pond academic advisors and student mentors are on hand to ensure that U.S. students enjoy a continued 24-7 support network and give you an unrivalled European lacrosse and study experience.
For those interested in the program, please visit the LacrosseThePond website, or contact Mike Bartlett, letting them know you are an MCLA player.