GREENVILLE, S.C. – East Carolina University, a member of the MCLA Division I and SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference (SELC), has opened the search for a head coach.
East Carolina University is seeking a head coach for the men’s lacrosse team. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for all aspects of practice and game day activities, including but not limited to player and team development and disciple, oversight of practice schedules and training regimen, assist with team management, and comply with all rules and regulations of ECU and the MCLA.
The head coach will work closely with captains and team officers to create a competitive MCLA lacrosse team. This individual will have a thorough knowledge of men’s lacrosse, and have demonstrated high quality coaching and development of a competitive team.
- Oversee execution of components of practice and games
- Create and instruct plays for both Defense and Offense
- Facilitate improvement of skill of all players through immediate feedback and recommendations for improvement
- Foster team cohesiveness to ensure a winning mindset throughout the season
- Create a rigorous practice schedule to improve skill set, including development of preseason training schedule
- Comply with all MCLA and SELC requirements
- Conform with all school rules and regulations
- Offer support and guidance to officers
- Comply with all safety regulations to ensure safety of all players and staff
- This individual will need to be able to stand, walk and run for long periods of time in rain, snow, heat or other unfavorable conditions. Practices will take place during week days and games throughout the week and on most weekends. The head coach is required to travel to every practice and every game, home and away.
- The head coach is required to be CPR, AED, and First Aid certified.
- All league certification and requirements must be met as well
- The head coaching position will be paid competitively based on others in the DIV. 1 conference.
- All Applicants please email team President Keegan Maloney at email@example.com Please have attached a cover letter as well as a resume with all relevant coaching and playing experience. Employment is contingent upon completion of an interview and having all league and school requirements met.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate that they can read, write and speak the English language.
- We cannot provide any addition funding to cover relocation costs