ATHENS, Ga. -- The University of Georgia, a member of MCLA Division I and the SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference (SELC), has opened up the search for it’s new head coach for the 2019-20 season.
The University of Georgia is beginning it’s search for the head coach position. The responsibilities for the position include offering guidance for players both on and off the field, while also developing and executing practice plans through the fall, winter and spring. We require that the individual is passionate about the game and is willing to put in the time, effort and research to maximize potential and put the team in the best situation to be successful in the MCLA.
Desired Coaching Qualities
- Serves as a leader and role model on and off the field
- Experienced and knowledgeable
- Passionate about the game with the desire to continue to learn and win
- Ability to attend 2 practices per week in the fall and 3 in the spring
- Willingness to travel to all home and away games on the weekends (both regionally and nationally)
- Develop coherent and productive practice plans
- Scout opposing teams and develop comprehensive game plans
- Maintain relationships with MCLA coaches and comply with all SELC, MCLA, and University regulations
- Work with the team executive board and captains to develop team culture and cohesiveness
- Prior coaching experience
- Prior playing or coaching at the collegiate level
Each applicant will remain in contact with the executive officers of the team and will undergo multiple interviews. Salary will be determined by the officers, who will ultimately make the final decision in the hiring process.
To apply, please fill out and submit THIS FORM.
Along with completion of the above application, please email your resume to email@example.com.