SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The Santa Clara men's lacrosse program is seeking an offensive coordinator, with a potential for a head coaching position for the right individual.
Greg Mengis is stepping down from the position after five years as head coach/offensive coordinator. His tenure was highlighted by a return to the WCLL playoffs for the past two seasons, as well as the programs first-ever appearance in the MCLA National Championships in 2019.
Men’s Lacrosse Coach Purpose
The philosophy of the Club Sports Program is to emphasize student leadership and participation. The Coach/Instructor/Volunteer should limit his/her contributions to those involving coaching skills and knowledge and is encouraged to assist with team leadership and membership development.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with Coaching Staff and Team Leadership to implement the team philosophy and strategy, coordinate alumni events, develop game schedule, communicate with Club Sports Department, attend league and team meetings, plan travel, etc.
* Instruct players on individual and team concepts.
* Assist with daily practice planning, game preparation, coordinating game film and film exchanges, recruiting and assisting with team fundraisers
* Required to attend daily practices and games, both home and away
* An emphasis on teamwork and a positive attitude with the team and coaching staff
* Representing the University in the highest manner by respecting the program, team, and opponents while honoring Santa Clara University and the game
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Duties/responsibilities are based on yearly length of service
* For all club sport coach duties and responsibilities please review the Club Sports Handbook – Coaches/Instructors/Volunteers section on the Club Sports Officers Corner webpage at: https://www.scu.edu/recreation/clubsports/officerscorner/.
Required Minimum Qualifications
* Strong background in the sport of lacrosse
* Ability to work effectively with coaching staff, administrators and athletes
* Understanding of MCLA philosophy and ability to work within the framework of the philosophy of Santa Clara University and club sports program
* Undergraduate degree
* Previous coaching and/or playing experience at the college level or above
* To be determined
The application period is to remain open until filled. Please send a cover letter, resume and a list of professional references via email to team president Matt Lencioni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, information may be mailed to (email preferred):
SCU Men’s Lacrosse
Attn: Matt Lencioni
Malley Center #715
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053