EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State, a member of MCLA Division I and the 2018 MCLA National Champions, has opened the search for a men’s lacrosse head coach.
The head coach is responsible for the development and guidance of the team on and off the field.
Candidates must be passionate about the game and willing to put in the time and effort to give the club the best opportunity for success both on and off the field.
- Attend all scheduled practices and games (including all home and away games on weekends, both regionally and nationally)
- Facilitate all team scheduling
- Assist with management of team funds and creation of yearly budget
- Planning team travel
- Design and execute practice plans
- Recruit and evaluate prospective student-athletes
- Support fundraising efforts for the program
- Maintain team cohesiveness/culture for excellence on and off the field
- Represent the team in regional or national meetings with other coaches or organizations
- Bring in full coaching staff, and/or interview and hire new coaches as needed in partnership with the club board
- Collaborate with team board members and the Club Sports administrators to develop and achieve program goals
- Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures established by Michigan State and the MCLA, while also serving as a positive role model for the program and Michigan State
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate/professional level
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is competitive with other top MCLA D-I programs. We are not able to provide relocation costs for this position.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Ian Genord at firstname.lastname@example.org.