EUGENE, Ore. -- The University of Oregon men’s lacrosse team is looking for qualified candidates to fulfill the position of offensive and defensive coordinators for the 2019-2020 season.
After winning a third consecutive PNCLL conference championship, the Ducks are looking for candidates who have previous playing or coaching experience who can lead the Ducks to another National Championship tournament appearance. The role will officially start in fall/winter of 2019-20.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the head coach to implement game plan and overall strategy
- Attend 2 hour weekly practices during Fall and Spring ball (practice times fluctuate)
- Assist the head coach and staff with planning practice, preparations for game day, coordinating game film and scout, and serve the team in any capacity necessary
- Instruct players on Offensive or Defensive skills that will enhance their lacrosse knowledge
- Be able to break down film and analyze strategies of opposing teams
- Travel with the team to away games
- Assist the head coach and recruiting staff with the recruiting process
- Maintain a professional culture on and off the field
- Positive attitude and drive to push our players to new skills levels they believed weren’t possible
- Strong communication and accountability
- A leader but also a role model that players can look up to and count on
- Ability to work effectively with the Ducks Lacrosse program and the University of Oregon
- Prior high school, college or professional playing/coaching experience required
- Compensation will be based on experience and is competitive with other top MCLA programs
Application process will be open until both positions have been filled. If you are interested in working for one of the hardest working and determined teams in the MCLA email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Letters of recommendation are not required but are preferred.