SAN DIEGO – The Southwest Lacrosse Conference (SLC), a member of the MCLA featuring 19 teams in the states of California, Nevada and Arizona, has opened its search for an officials assignor for the upcoming season and beyond.
With the National Intercollegiate Lacrosse Officials Association (NILOA) moving to an “assign by conference” model, individual conferences have the ability to determine who they will contract with as their assignor and how it will manage and compensate for those duties.
With the consent from NILOA leadership, the SLC Board looks forward to interviewing candidates for the position.
The SLC is working directly with NILOA leadership to best handle the immediate scrimmage opportunities this fall. Once established, teams and officials will receive direct correspondence with details.
Please refer to the following job description and apply by the deadline to be considered for the position.
Southwestern Lacrosse Conference Officials Assignor
Sept. 27, 2019 to Oct. 6, 2019
Jan. 1, 2020 - May 10, 2020 and Jan. 1, 2021 - May 20, 2021 (with possible third term)
- Applicant must have general knowledge of Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association, particularly the Southwestern Lacrosse Conference.
- Applicant must demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly between those you’ll serve (referees & SLC member programs).
- Applicant must be, and maintain, full member of NILOA
The Successful candidate will be expected to assign all MCLA games, scrimmages and intrasquad contests when an SLC school request officials. You will also be expected to assist in conducting training and observations of the officials to whom you assign to SLC contest. As such the successful candidate will NOT be permitted to officiate any MCLA contest. Exceptions will be made to this policy with prior approval from the SLC and MCLA Director of Officiating Services.
- Qualified applicant packets received by the deadline are first reviewed by NILOA to confirm membership and initial qualifications.
- Applications reviewed and interviewed by the SLC Board and NILOA leadership
- Applicant field narrowed to top two candidates by Oct. 10.
- Final selection and notification done Oct. 13.
Applicants should submit name, contact information, and qualifications to the NILOA and SLC Board by Oct. 6, 2019.
NILOA Exec. Director Kevin O’Leary email@example.com
Secretary Russ Knoth firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Kyle Morrison email@example.com
President: Matt Holman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President Chris Malone email@example.com