(Photo by Kevin Schoonover)
ATHENS, Ga. -- The University of Georgia men's lacrosse team is beginning its search for an assistant coach for the 2020 campaign.
The responsibilities for the position include offering guidance for players both on and off the field while working with the head coach to develop game and practice plans to put the team in the best situation to win
Desired Coaching Qualities
- Serves as a leader and role model both on and off the field
- Experienced and knowledgeable
- Passionate about the game with the desire to continue to learn and win
- Ability to attend 2 practices per week in the fall and 3 in the spring
- Willingness to travel to all home and away games on the weekends (both regionally and nationally)
- Develop coherent and productive practice plans
- Scout opposing teams and develop comprehensive game plans
- Maintain relationships with MCLA coaches and comply with all SELC, MCLA, and University regulations
- Work with the team executive board and captains to develop team culture and cohesiveness
- Prior coaching experience
- Prior playing or coaching at the collegiate level
Each applicant will remain in contact with the executive officers of the team and will undergo multiple interviews. Salary will be determined by the officers, who will ultimately make the final decision in the hiring process.
To apply, please fill out and submit THIS FORM.
Along with completion of the above application, please email your resume to email@example.com.