SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. -- The Cal Poly men’s lacrosse team is looking for qualified candidates for the head coach position for the upcoming 2023 season and beyond.
The team would like to thank former head coach Bobby Dabrieo for filling the role for the past seven years, as he will continue coaching NCAA Division III lacrosse at Whittier College. His determination, enthusiasm, and commitment to the team will truly be missed, and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.
The Mustangs compete in MCLA Division I as members of the Western Collegiate Lacrosse League (WCLL). They are looking for staff addition(s) that will help the team reach their goal to not only qualify for the 2023 MCLA National Championship presented by New Balance, but to take them all the way.
- Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level preferred. Experience with the MCLA or other collegiate league preferred, but not required
- A passion for coaching student-athletes and promoting whole person development on and off the field.
- Willingness to work with an assistant coach and officers of the team in order to improve team performance, university recognition, and logistical assistance (Fundraising event, van driving, etc.)
-Ability to conduct important administrative aspects of team, working with assistance of team officers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Individual player development
- Formation of practice plans
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas
- Player feedback
- Formation of game plans
- Assisting in game day facility set-up
- Facilitating a positive team environment
- Mentorship of young men
- Leading in recruiting process
- Respecting the academic commitments of the players
- Building a competitive schedule for the Fall and Spring seasons in the future capable of securing an at large bid for the national tournament
- Work with team officers on budget and expenses
- Ordering gear, equipments, field needs, balls, etc. for team use
The Cal Poly Lacrosse team is highly competitive within the WCLL and is looking to continue competing at the national level. The team consists of highly-motivated student-athletes who share a passion for lacrosse, and hold themselves to Cal Poly’s high academic standard. Therefore, the team is looking for a head coach who can not only make the team better, but also keep the team’s values paramount.
Each applicant will remain in contact with the officers and alumni board of the team and will undergo multiple interviews. In addition, it is asked that a resume be provided by each applicant.
The starting salary will be in the range of $30-40,000, with room for negotiation. However, the final salary will be ultimately determined by the officers, who will make the decision based on the feedback of the team as a whole.
If interested, inquire at: [email protected]
OR contact the club president: [email protected]