SEATTLE -- Washington men’s lacrosse is currently holding an open search for a defensive coordinator to start this fall. This is a part-time commitment from October through May. Applications Close August 10, 2022.
- Knowledge and skills relating to coaching the sport of Men’s Lacrosse
- Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level preferred, but not required
- Ability to attend evening practices, games and away trips.
- Legal US Driver’s License Required, Passport Required for Away Games to Canada
Fall: Oct 10 - Nov 30
Two Nights/Wk: 6-8pm
No Practice Thanksgiving Week
Spring: Jan 9 - May 13th
3 Nights/Wk: 6-8pm (Jan-Mar), 8-10pm (Apr)
Enthusiastic Coaching and Mentorship for University of Washington Lacrosse
Attending team activities: Meetings, Practices, Game, Travel, Etc. (Captains practices and lifting sessions are not mandatory)
Consulting and assistance in practice planning, depth chart and personnel decisions (Generally over email/phone)
Working with Head Coach to Develop Defensive game-plan, identify weaknesses and develop solutions.
Occasional Logistical Assistance to Head Coach or Student Board
- Fundraising event, van driving, etc
Stipend - $2500-4000 depending on experience
Gear - Coaching Rain Gear, Coaching Polo, Team Apparel, Gloves and Helmet
Travel - Flights, Bus/Van, Hotels covered on away trips, food is not.
Parking at the field on practice days
Initial Applicant Screening by Head Coach Cerchiara (by August 10th, 2022)
Zoom Interviews with Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Player Executive Board (by Sept 1st, 2022)
Selection of Defensive Coordinator (by September 7th 2022)