FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas men's lacrosse program, a member of the MCLA Division I and Lone Star Alliance Division I North, is searching for a highly motivated and passionate coach that has a strong work ethic to help propel the team forward as a head coach.
The men’s lacrosse program at The University of Arkansas is currently accepting applications for the position of head coach. As the head coach, you will play the vital role in development of the team, both on and off the field. Your coaching will help to create a strong team culture that displays skill, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Creating a complete training program for the team that includes skill development, physical conditioning and strategy sessions.
- Assist student officers in recruiting and retaining players.
- Wok with the Executive Board to create the Fall and Spring season schedules.
- Help with organizing bus and hotel reservations for Fall and Spring away games.
- Assist the “Apparel Chair” in contacting equipment companies to facilitate orders and team stores for the players and coaches.
- Work with the team Treasurer to confirm the upcoming budget and potential expenses and player dues.
- Meet and maintain all LSA and MCLA requirements throughout the duration of each season.
- This includes, but is not limited to, schedule requirements, eligibility checks, etc.
- Undergo safety lead training through the Club Sports Federation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level.
- Offensive-minded head coach preferred.
As the head coach of the Arkansas lacrosse team, you will be a key representative of The University of Arkansas and the Club Sports Federation. To fulfill the reputation of the university and team program responsibly, you must adhere to all policies and procedures established by the Club Sports Federation. By complying with these guidelines, you will help ensure that the club lacrosse team operates with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
All compensation will be provided by the Arkansas men’s lacrosse club. The coach is not an employee of The University of Arkansas and will not receive compensation or benefits from the University.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Candidates should submit a résumé and a list of two references to our President, Grayson Geschke at [email protected], or call (512)-800-2798 with any questions.
These will be reviewed by the executive board and further interviews will be scheduled after the candidate meets team requirements and reference checks. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
Thank you for considering us. We look forward to finding a new head coach to lead us to dominance in the future seasons!