LAFAYETTE, La. – The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns’ men’s lacrosse program, a member of the Lone Star Alliance (LSA) Division II, has opened a search for a head coach starting for the 2020-21 season and beyond.
The new coach will serve with existing coaches and former Cajuns’ Grant Hartman and Tanner Shaddox.
The head coach is responsible for the development and guidance of the team on and off the field. He or she should be dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate about the game of lacrosse and willing to put in the time and effort required to succeed in the MCLA.
This is a part time commitment in the fall, winter and spring.
Desired Coaching Qualities
• Serves as leader and role model on and off the field
• Experienced and knowledgeable on the game of lacrosse
• Willing to teach basic skills to new players, along with advancing the skills of experienced players
• Passionate about the game and driven to excel and win
• Ability to attend 3-4 practices a week in both fall and spring
• Willingness to travel to all home and away games on the weekends (both regionally and nationally)
• Develop coherent and productive practice plans
• Scout opposing teams and develop comprehensive game plans
• Help maintain a healthy relationship to the high school programs of Louisiana, and assist recruiting prospective players.
• Maintain relationships with MCLA coaches to help officers plan competitive schedules
• Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level
To apply, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Carson Cook at [email protected].