Title: Assistant Coach, Men's Lacrosse and Co-Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Division: Student Affairs
Reports to: Head Coach, Men's Lacrosse and Head Athletic Trainer
Status: Exempt, Full-time
This position is a combination of an Assistant Coach for club program in the sport of Men's Lacrosse and the Co-Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Dominican University of California. This position will serve all student-athletes at Dominican University with the intention of providing student-athletes the best opportunity to achieve their athletic goals through specific sports instruction and guidance towards making choices that best enhances their athletic performance. This position will be evaluated on the extent to which he/she provides each student-athlete a positive, meaningful and educational experience through athletics.
Strength and Conditioning Coach
• Responsible for all aspects of the program, ensuring the program reflects positively on the University and creating a positive environment for student-athletes and coaches.
• Develop, implement and supervise strength programs in partnership with co-head strength and conditioning coach.
• Train and develop student athletes in a safe environment.
• Monitor and assist strength and conditioning staff's programing.
• Develop and communicate efficiently with coaches and student-athletes in regards to strength and conditioning programs.
Lacrosse Assistant Coach
• The Assistant Coach is responsible for managing a database of prospects and maintaining records of contacts, to remain in compliance with conference and university regulations. He must propose, manage and adhere to a recruiting budget for each of the events attended.
• The Assistant Coach will assist with the recruiting of potential student-athletes by way of evaluation, in-person contact, phone conversation, letters, mailings, and the coordination of unofficial and official visits and the related compliance paperwork.
• The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in developing a comprehensive and strategic plan for each scheduled competition throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating upcoming courses, preparing a scouting report for the student-athletes and advising the Head Coach on making adjustments to the plan during competitions.
• The Assistant coach will also attend practice on a regular basis and organize and conduct team instructional activities to include practices, scheduled contests and effective year-round conditioning.
• The Assistant Coach will be responsible for the organization and coordination of a wide variety of administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach, which include, but not limited to: recruiting, team travel, contest scheduling, budget preparation and administration, facility usage, public relations, marketing, fundraising, community service and other daily operations for the program.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 2 years of strength and condition experience at the intercollegiate level
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Coaching and/or competing experience at the college level in the sport of Men's Lacrosse. In lieu of college level coaching experience, a combination of coaching experience at the high school, college, professional or national team level and competing experience at the college, professional or national team level in the sport of Lacrosse will be considered
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Sufficient dexterity to operate all office and vehicle equipment
• Must be willing and able to drive departmental vehicles (and have a clean driving record evidenced by a positive DMV pull)
• National Strength and Conditioning Association, (NSCA). Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC)
• Understanding of NCAA rules compliance
Additional Position Information
• Priority will be given to applications submitted by May 30, 2021; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
• Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
• Link to apply
• A cover letter is required.
• Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section.
• For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.