CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- The men’s lacrosse program at the University of Illinois is currently accepting applications for assistant coaches.
Assistant coaches are responsible for assisting the head coach as needed and are expected to be knowledgeable in either offense or defense (or both).
Essential duties include assistance in designing and executing practice and game plans, designing and executing schemes in their area of focus. Additionally, the coach may be asked to assist with player and team development, team management, and recruiting .
The assistant coach shares responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of the University of Illinois, and of Campus Recreation’s sport club program.
In fulfilling the responsibility of this position, the person hired is required to comply with all University of Illinois Campus Recreation’s sport club program policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws, and league and national governing body rules and regulations.
Coaches must renew their application each academic year. Continuation of coaching/instructing duties is not a right and will be voted upon by the Club membership.
Certifications & Licenses
• Meet and maintain any UMLC and MCLA requirements throughout the duration of each season.
• It is recommended that the head coach be certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Previous experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level
• Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• All compensation will be provided by the men’s lacrosse club. The coach is not an employee of the University of Illinois and will not receive compensation or benefits from the University.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé and a list of three references to [email protected], or contact Joe Laird (head coach of the men’s lacrosse program) at (734) 545-2437
Final offers of appointment are contingent upon meeting all requirements for coaches and instructors set forth by the leadership of the club, and the successful completion of a background check.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.