AUSTIN, Texas -- The University of Texas at Austin invites applications and nominations for the position of head men’s lacrosse coach.
The head men’s lacrosse coach is responsible for both on-field and off-field management of the team and reports to the Team Leadership and The University Rec Sports Department.
The University of Texas at Austin is a member of the Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) and the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference (RMLC).
Background of Texas Lacrosse
Texas men’s lacrosse is a student-led Rec Sports sponsored program at the University of Texas. Texas Lacrosse has consistently been a top competitive program nationally. The team enjoys a dedicated, named field (Caven Lacrosse Center) and a weight room. The program has strong school and alumni backing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
● Coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork
● Provide practice plan
● Analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction
● Assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
● Understand the balance between intercollegiate athletics and rigorous academics
● Management of coaching staff
● Lead in scheduling games with the help of student leadership
● Assist student leadership with annual budget including travel, equipment, and other expenses
● Assist student leadership with annual tournament and other fundraising events
● Participate in scouting and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
● Help monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes’ application process
● Help coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits
● Compliance with The University, MCLA & Team rules and regulations
● Subject to performance reviews at discretion of the Alumni and/or Advisory Board
● High School Diploma
● Prior coaching experience at high school level
● Valid driver’s license to drive college vehicles to team competition when necessary
● Flexible schedule: nightly practices, weekend work, overnight travel to away games and tournaments will be required
● Bachelor’s degree
● Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level (NCAA/MCLA)
● Prior organizational management experience
● Collegiate/Professional playing experience
● Coach considered an Independent Contractor (IC) of the Club
● Salary determined based on education, experience, and qualifications
● Additional incentive and event based compensation opportunities
Interested candidates are asked to email a resume and cover letter to Ryan Thompson (Team President) at [email protected]