SAN MARCOS, Texas -- Texas State University men’s lacrosse invites applications for the position of head coach.
The head men’s lacrosse coach is responsible for both on-field and off-field management of the team and reports to the Team Leadership and The University Rec Sports Department.
Texas State University men’s lacrosse is a member of the Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) and the Lone Star Alliance conference (LSA).
Texas State men’s lacrosse is a student-led Rec Sports sponsored program at Texas State University. Texas State men’s lacrosse has consistently been a competitive program nationally. The team enjoys support from the University with fields, staff for game days and a strong base of Alumni.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
● Coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork
● Provide practice plan
● Analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction
● Assist in preseason, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
● Understand the balance between intercollegiate athletics and rigorous academics
● Management of coaching staff
● Lead in scheduling games with the help of student leadership
● Assist student leadership with annual budget including travel, equipment, and other expenses
● Assist student leadership with annual 7’s tournament and other fundraising events Recruiting
● Participate in scouting and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
● Help monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes’ application process
● Help coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits Program Responsibilities
● Compliance with The University, MCLA & Team rules and regulations
● Subject to performance reviews at discretion of the Advisory Board Qualifications
● High School Diploma
● Prior coaching experience at high school level
● Valid driver’s license to drive college vehicles to team competition when necessary
● Flexible schedule: nightly practices, weekend work, overnight travel to away games and tournaments will be required
● Bachelor’s degree
● Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level (NCAA/MCLA) ● Prior organizational management experience
● Collegiate/Professional playing experience
● Coach considered an Independent Contractor (IC) of the Club
● Salary determined based on education, experience, and qualifications
Interested candidates are asked to email a resume and cover letter to CJ Sims, Team President, at [email protected]