(Photo by Bob White)
CORVALLIS, OR. — The Oregon State University men’s lacrosse program, a member of the Pacific Northwest Collegiate Lacrosse League (PNCLL) Division I, has opened a search for a new head coach, starting with the 2023 season.
The head coach is responsible for the development and guidance of the team, both on and off the field. He or she should be dedicated, knowledgeable, and passionate about the game of lacrosse and willing to put in the time and effort required to lead a successful program in the MCLA.
This is a part time commitment from September through May.
A player officer group works in assisting fundraising, travel, gear procurement, recruitment, and event planning.
Compensation will be discussed during the interviewing process.
- Willing to relocate or commute to Corvallis, Oregon
- Ability to attend practices Monday-Thursday in the evening October-May
- Willingness to travel with the team to all games, home and away, on weekends
- Develop productive practice plans
- Develop comprehensive game plans
- Help maintain a positive relationship with high school programs in the Pacific Northwest and assist recruiting future players
- Maintain relationships with other MCLA coaches
- Assist student officers in building and maintaining relationships with alumni and other program supporters
- Shares responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of Oregon State University and the Sport Clubs program
- Serves as a leader and a role model on and off the field
- Willingness to teach basic skills to new players, along with advancing the skills of experienced players
- Passionate about the game and driven to excel and win
- Knowledge and skills relating to the sport of lacrosse
- Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level preferred
- Experience with the MCLA or other collegiate league preferred, but not required
If you have any questions or interest in applying, please email team officers at [email protected].